Price structure is for Rutgers University Investigators. We also welcome outside academic and industrial users. Please contact us to discuss pricing.
Price structure for Rutgers University Investigators
We also welcome outside academic and industrial users*
- Routine sample preparation.
- In-gel/solution digests: $125 for the first sample, $25 for each additional sample submitted simultaneously for processing together.
- Molecular weight measurement: $50/sample (MALDI or ESI). For difficult samples, $100/hour labor will be charged.
- Nano-LC-MS (MSMS) using Obitrap Eclipse, Q Exactive HF: standard runs for $100/run (60 min). For longer runs, it will be $100 for the 1st 60 min plus $1/min for the extra run time. Price includes first-pass automated database search. Note: gradient length is generally determined based on estimated sample complexity.
- Data analysis (extensive database searches, manual validation of spectrum assignments, component quantitation, identification of protein modification/mutation sites, preparation of figures for publication, etc): $100/hour.
- Pricing for additional services will be assessed on a project-to-project basis, depending on the estimated staff and instrument time required. An estimate will be provided prior to initiation of a project.
Direct instrument access
- ABI-MDS SCIEX 4800 MALDI-TOF/TOF :
- Annual user fee of $2,000/lab plus $25/hour instrument usage time.
- $160/hour, suitable for occasional users who prefer not to pay the annual user fee. Must demonstrate operational knowledge of the instrument or pay for the training offered by the facility for $270.
- Submit samples for molecular weight measurement (see facility service above) for users who does not want to commit to the training or instrument operation.
- Users are responsible for providing their own sample plates and reagents. New sample plates are available from the facility for $60/plate.
- SDS-PAGE analysis: $50/gel (Can include up to 9 samples)
- Analytical and preparative HPLC with/without fraction collection: $150/sample
- HDX analysis: $100/hour
- Analytical and preparative HPLC by users: $60/hour
*please contact us to discuss price.